This unique gi is available at the Asato Dojo and karate goods store in Okinawa
The Okinawa Edition Seishin dogi is a truly superior dogi produced in colloboration with Asato Dojo Kancho James Pankiewicz who asked for a Seishin dogi specifically engineered for the hot and humid training environment of Okinawa, the birthplace of karate. In response Jesse Enkamp, founder of Seishin International came up with a fantastic product that features reinforced durability, improved sweat distribution and Zen-like design making the Okinawa Edition perfect for traditional karate.
“Finally a gi that doesn’t stick to my skin!”
- The 300 g/m2 premium blend of 48% cotton and 52% polyester provides a perfect mix of comfort, durability & snap.
- Authentic Japanese bleach makes the canvas stay white for years – instead of turning grey or yellow.
- Soft mesh with Okinawa kanji inside the back of the jacket for added comfort and improved sweat absorption.
- The famous Seishin HW [high waist] pants provides effortless mobility in deep stances and high kicks.
- Free from organization, association and federation labels (e.g. WKF).
- Includes Seishin neck embroidery and no chest embroidery.
- As seen in this day-in-the-life vlog by Jesse Enkamp (‘The Karate Nerd’).
- Care instructions: Optimally wash below 30 degrees, no tumble dry, flat dry, Do not use bleach/solvents.
- Shrinkage: 2-3%
Retail price at Asato Dojo store – 20,000 yen
The Asato Dojo Karate Goods Store also stocks the Seishin Original Dogi, Seishin t-shirts (6500 yen) and the Seishin bag (15,000 yen).